1. Submit the Florida State University Online Application: https://admissions.fsu.edu/gradapp/ with the required attachments (See 2-4 below).
2. Statement of Purpose – Must be uploaded in the Online Application.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae – Must be uploaded in the Online Application.
4. Three Letters of Recommendation – Within the Online Application, there is a section where applicants will input the names and contact information of those who will be writing the letters. Recommenders will receive e-mails asking them to upload their letters directly to the application.
5. Application Processing Fee of $30.00. You will receive an e-mail from the Office of Graduate Admissions requesting the fee within two business days after submitting your application.
6. Official Graduate Records Exam (GRE) scores. The minimum GRE scores required for admission are a 145 on the verbal section and a 150 on the quantitative section. For the old scoring system, the minimum GRE score required for admission is a 1100 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) with a minimum of 650 on the Quantitative. Please request ETS to send your official test scores to the university. Our institution code is 5219.
7. Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 80 (internet-based) is the minimum requirement for graduate admission to the Computer Science Department. However, the Computer Science Department considers a score of 100-105 competitive, especially when students are seeking assistantships. The ability to lecture in English will be a major consideration in the selection of students for Teaching Assistantships. International applicants whose native language is not English must submit official TOEFL results in order to be admitted to the Computer Science graduate program. Students with a 4-year Bachelor’s or a graduate degree from an accredited university in an English-speaking country can be exempt from the TOEFL for admissions purposes. However, exempted students are strongly encouraged to submit TOEFL scores if they seek support from the department. Please request for ETS to send your test scores directly to the university. Our institution code is 5219. The department code is not required.
Free TOEFL practice tests can be found at the following: http://www.testpreppractice.net/TOEFL/Default.aspx and http://www.testpreppractice.net/TOEFL/Free-Online-TOEFL-Practice-Tests.aspx **Please note that we will accept an IELTS score (minimum 6.5) for admission consideration. However, we do not award any assistantships based on an IELTS score.
8. One official or certified of all transcript(s), diploma(s), and/or degree certificate(s) from every college or university attended. Transcripts are considered official when they are sent directly from a college or university to the FSU Office of Admissions and contain an official seal and/or signature. All academic records that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. If you are an FSU undergraduate and all of your transcripts from previous institutions are on file, then you will not need to request transcripts. Transcripts should be mailed directly to the FSU Office of Admissions at the following address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Florida State University
282 Champions Way
PO Box 3062400
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2400
USAPhone: (850) 644-6200
FSU Graduate Admissions e-mail:email@example.com
- 9. The Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR) & Photocopy of Passport. The CFR must be completed after submitting your application, even if your available funds are $0.00. The form is available on the FSU Center for Global Engagement website
The CFR and passport photocopy should be mailed directly to the Center for Global Engagement.
- Contact information for the Center for Global Engagement is available on the CFR document.
All supporting documents MUST be submitted via the Online Application, with the exception of official transcripts (mailed to the Office of Admissions), test scores (sent from ETS to the Office of Admissions). After a determination has been issued from the department the Certificate of Financial Responsibility and copy of Passport can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application must be complete before it can be considered for admission which includes the receipt of all official supporting documentation. Unofficial transcripts and scores uploaded through the FSU application are not considered a suitable place holder.