Undergraduate Advising FAQ

University Resources:

· Majors/Minors/Certificates: http://www.academic-guide.fsu.edu

· CS Major Information & Flowcharts: https://www.cs.fsu.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/

· Core FSU requirements: https://core.fsu.edu/find-corefsu-course

· Computer Science minor: http://www.cs.fsu.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/minor-in-computer-science/

· How to view your Academic Requirements Report: https://sc.my.fsu.edu/students/how/access-your-academic-requirements-report

FAQ for all FSU students:

1. I am trying to enroll in MAD 2104 but received an error message. Can an advisor enroll me?
A. Non-CS majors cannot enroll in that course. If you are a non-CS major and would like to request enrollment, contact Isabella Tommasone in the Math department at advisor@math.fsu.edu.

2. I am trying to enroll in a course that is not offered on my campus. What can I do?
A. On the Class Search or Schedule Assistant, adjust your filters to include only your campus. Search again. Students may not take courses outside of the Tallahassee campus as a Tallahassee-campus student.
B. For assistance in using Schedule Assistant: https://undergrad.fsu.edu/academic-information/schedule-planner/schedule-assistant

3. I am trying to enroll in a course and it is telling me the seats are reserved and I do not meet the reserve capacity requirements. How can I take it?
A. Usually, you can click on the course and read the course notes or description and it will tell you who the course is reserved for (usually, this is certain majors). If it is still unclear, contact the department offering the course for more information.

4. I need __ form, where can I get it?
A. Most forms can be found on the Registrar’s website: http://registrar.fsu.edu/forms/