ABET/SMALC data collection
- The courses with data to be submitted are CIS3250, COP3330, CEN4020, COP4710, COP4530, COP4531, CDA3100, COP4020, CIS4385, CEN5035, COP5611, COP5570, and COP5725. The list will be updated in Fall 2019 to CIS3250, COP3330, COP4530, CEN4020, COT4420, CIS4385, COP5611, COP5570, COP5725.
- Instructors of the above courses (related to ABET/SMALC data collection) should submit the data after the semester to the ABET portal. Please login the ABET portal for the detailed materials to be submitted.
ABET/SMALC data analysis
- A course instructor may bring a course improvement plan to the undergraduate curriculum committee (UCC) for discussion; and the UCC may bring the plan to a faculty meeting for approval.
- In Fall each year, the Director of Undergraduate Studies (or the chair or Chair’s IEP delegate) should work with the instructors in the previous year to analyze the data collected and prepare the reports to be submitted to the IEP portal.
- If appropriate, the Director of Undergraduate Studies should discuss the course improvement plan with the undergraduate curriculum committee (UCC), and bring the plan to a faculty meeting for approval.
- Every two years (starting Fall 2013), the UCC should review the curriculum. The Director of Undergraduate Studies should appoint a course committee to review the content and collected data for each course. The course committee should produce a course report to be submitted to the department.