Please see the Admissions page for deadlines and minimum admission requirements for different degree programs.
1. Submit the Florida State University Online Application: https://admissions.fsu.edu/gradapp/ with the required attachments (See 2-4 below).
2. Statement of Purpose – Must be uploaded in the Online Application.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae – Must be uploaded in the Online Application.
4. Three Letters of Recommendation – Within the Online Application, there is a section where applicants will input the names and contact information of those who will be writing the letters. Recommenders will receive e-mails asking them to upload their letters directly to the application.
5. Application Processing Fee of $30.00. You will receive an e-mail from the Office of Graduate Admissions requesting the fee within two business days after submitting your application.
6. Official Graduate Records Exam (GRE) scores. The minimum GRE scores required for admission are a 145 on the verbal section and a 150 on the quantitative section. For the old scoring system, the minimum GRE score required for admission is a 1100 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) with a minimum of 650 on the Quantitative. Please request ETS to send your official test scores to the university. Our institution code is 5219.
7. One official copy of Transcripts of academic record. Official transcripts must be sent from every College or University that you have attended. If you happen to be a FSU undergraduate and all of your transcripts from the previous institution(s) are on file, then you will not need to request transcripts. Transcripts should be mailed directly to the University Admissions Office at the following address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Florida State University
282 Champions Way
PO Box 3062400
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2400
USAPhone: (850) 644-6200
FSU Graduate Admissions e-mail: email@example.com
All supporting documents MUST be submitted via the Online Application, with the exception of official transcripts (mailed to the Office of Admissions) and test scores (sent from ETS to the Office of Admissions). An application must be complete before it can be considered for admission which includes the receipt of all official supporting documentation. Unofficial transcripts and scores uploaded through the FSU application are not considered a suitable place holder.