FAQ for COP3014
NEED HELP? Here's who to contact:
- Help on homework?
- Contact your TA either via email, or attend any TA's office hours for help!
You do not have to only go to your own TA for office hours,
you can go to any TA or instructor for help!
- Grading question regarding a HOMEWORK GRADE?
- Email your TA first. If not resolved or if you
still have questions, THEN email me. Your TA grades all of your homeworks.
- Grading question regarding an EXAM -
Email me (Melina). I grade ALL of the exams in this course
(that's a lot... O_o)
GENERAL COURSE QUESTIONS
- Can I attend another recitation section outside the one I'm signed up for?
A: NO. You MUST go to
the recitation you're signed up for in the course.
- Can you switch my recitation section or place me in the course even though it's full?
A: No. If I
could, I would. I have no power to do this nor does any
instructor at FSU have the power to change student's schedules. See your advisor about this and keep an eye out during drop add to get into a section that better
fits your schedule
- Can we use previous versions of the textbook or do we need the version you specify in your syllabus?
A: You can use previous versions of the textbook
but be aware that the reading sections that I will assign (which is required reading for the course) will be sections that correspond with the version of
the textbook I mention in the syllabus. If you can ensure you're doing the appropriate readings, a previous version of the book is fine.
HOMEWORKS - COMPILER ERRORS, GENERAL
Click me to go back to the main course webpage
- Can I work with other students in the course on homeworks? Can I ask other students for help on
A: NO. Homeworks are INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENTS. If you need
help, visit ANY TA's office hours or mine, or feel free to send any of us an email.
Send us your code and *specific* questions regarding your code. DO NOT SEEK ANY
- Can I use code I found in our course textbook or in Melina's class notes in a homework solution
A: Sure! It is OK to use
code from your textbook or from the class notes, just cite it in a comment in your code. It is NOT ok to use code from any online source
youtube, forums, question/answer
sites, paid tutors, chegg, course hero, etc etc etc.
- Can I use a different compiler other than CLion?
A: Sure... BUT: be aware that I will be
teaching and doing examples assuming you're using CLion as this
is the compiler this course will focus on. If you use another compiler besides CL, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for ensuring your code works in
Clion before you submit any code.
The TAs will grade the homework in Clion.