Your objective is to set up a domain named csteam?.org where the question mark is to be replaced by your team number (e.g., csteam1.org and csteam4.org.)
Your name server will be on your Fedora 10 machine. You should use maradns for this assignment. You will have to install it (use yum, it only takes a minute.) If you are not using 192.168.10.?1 as its ip number, please reconfigure your machine so that it is (and move any other machine using that ip number to another one of your assigned numbers.)
Once you get install the software, your configuration will need set up to meet four requirements:
- An MX record for csteam?.org, specifying preference 0 and pointing to mail.csteam?.org
- A CNAME record for dns.csteam?.org, pointing to ns.csteam?.org
- A FQDN4 pseudo-record for ns.csteam?.org, yielding the ipnumber 192.168.10.?1
- A FQDN4 pseudo-record for mail.csteam?.org, yielding the ipnumber 192.168.10.?2
- A FQDN4 pseudo-record for www.csteam?.org, yielding the ipnumber 192.168.10.?3
A journal is due for this assignment. Make sure that you document in your journal all of the steps that you went through, following the guidelines on the class home page.
Please turn in a printed copy of this assignment at the beginning of class on Tuesday, July 28th.