Switching Between Processes
- Control changes within a process or the operating system are all procedure calls.
- Interrupts switch control from a user process to the operating system.
- The rti instruction switches control from the operating system to a user process.
- JavaSOS: interrupts are simulated by direct Java method calls to the interrupt handlers (like in SOSSysCallIntHandler.java)
System Call Interrupt Handling
- Figure 5.10 flowchart for handling syscall interrupt
- This flow chart works for JavaSOS one, too!