Madwifi Wireless Network Driver
Jin Xie(xie at cs dot fsu dot edu)
This Project is aiming to improve the throughput of wireless network by
using partial packets. The idea is based on the paper -- ZipTx:
partial packets in 802.11 networks. The driver I am modifying is an
exsiting wireless dirver -- Madwifi, and the device for this project is
cisco aironet 802.11a/b/g wireless adapter which use the Atheros 5212
In order to harnessing partial packets, I impleted a new protocol and a
new autorate algorithm in this project.
A brief log
- Week 1: Decide to do the Madwifi Driver and begin to implement the new
protocol which has been designed before this course began.
- Week 2 to Week 5: Continue to implement and improve the new protocol.
- Week 6: Finished the protocol and began to test, still has bugs which
will cause system crash in the experiment.
- week 7 to week 10: Continue to debug the protocol and begin to implement the new autorate algorithm.
- week 11: Finished the project, the result of the experiment shows the
new driver has higher throuput than the original driver.
Madwifi home page
The New Driver (under embargo pending publication)