Note/1 MIDI driver
- Jessie Sanders [jsanders AT cs DOT fsu DOT edu]
- To improve the existing MIDI driver for the Note/1 MIDI device
- Obtain the MIDI Device.
- Obtain MIDI Cables to connect to keyboard I have at home.
- Prepare the machine I will be using to develop on (dual boot system for next part)
- Find (!) the Windows drivers to test to make sure the setup is functioning properly
- Understand the current interface and update it as necessary to make it function in its current iteration
- Until I have the hardware working, I am not quite sure how the devices acts, thus am unsure what to improve.
However, the previous driver authors have a few open issues in their report, and I will start by investigating
those (timing, interrupts, more reverse engineering of what the device is doing).
- Now that I understand the device more, I feel that I will accomplish the most by focusing on getting a
response from the device after writing to it (the get() functionality), as well as documenting as much
as I can about the device so that the next group will have a good launching point.