The purpose of this page is to allow others to stay updated as to the progress Fernando and Garret have made on the newer version of the Biopod device driver.
The goal of this project is to create and/or update the Biopod device drivers to fix problems that the current driver has, and to introduce desired functionality that the current driver lacks.
Progress so far
- Wed Jun 7 09:39:42 EDT 2006
- Created this webpage; earlier we presented the project to the class, and we've obtained previous copies of the source and have made preliminary examinations of said source. We are still waiting to get a device from one of Kartik, Micah, or Michael.
- Wed Jun 7 19:32:11 EDT 2006
- We've gotten the device (from Kartik). We haven't set it up yet, and are still digging through the code.
- Fri Jun 9 15:16:50 EDT 2006
- Heads down, programming. Some stuff worked out, some not. Look for our coming on the third day. At dawn, look east.
- Mon Jun 12 09:13:09 EDT 2006
- Work was accomplished over the weekend--startup script reliance was removed, and locking was fixed. In addition, we have sample images that will be posted to this page shortly.
- Mon Jun 12 15:04:49 EDT 2006
- Tue Jun 13 16:38:19 EDT 2006
- After hours of staring at code, we found a register value that accomplished the same function for which we were going to use histograms. We've implemented that and are ironing out kinks.
Left to do
- fix race condition in biopod_disconnect
- rewrite parser to give correct register dumps and histogram data
- fix parser to guarantee that all 8 subimages are from same frame
- finish ioctl implementation
- utilize built in security features of device -- challange words
- document undocumented registers 0xA1 - 0xB7
- Factor code to deal with more than one device
memory mapped I/O needs to be implementeddone enough for now--more work to be done later. remove 1000x loop waiting for imagesremoved. locking is broken as of 2.6.12, rendering driver thoroughly unusablefixed. Remove reliance upon setup scriptsfixed.
Old Source Code
Old source code can be found at Michael Smith's page for the Biopod device driver.
New Source Code
Nothing yet. Check back in a few days or so for updates.