Our first step was to get the camera working. We decided to start over using only relatively small amounts of code from the previous classes.
After one week, we had the framework for the camera driver coded but we were still unable to tell why the camera wasn't working.
After three weeks, we realized the reason that the camera wasn't working was that the ioread32_rep we were using to take information and place it into the userspace was not working as we thought it should.
After discovering this, and switching to a different method of data transfer, we were able to get this image working.
Once we were able to get the camera working, everything fell into place very quickly.
Later we wanted to get a color image to work.
A little effort and Viola:
The next steps were to get streaming images. Below are two links to several captured images in succession via our demo program.
The color is an .avi created by a joiner program after we converted the .ppm's to .jpg.
The Black and White is an animation created by combining 149 images in time order sequence.
Black and White, Black and White Dual-Ported and Color Video
Finally, our code. hrt-1.0.0.tar.bz2.